Apple is starting to become iCrack (Rick’s term) for the masses… Here’s how…
- iTunes is free. Works on Windows or Macintosh. It has quickly become the ‘killer app’ for the online music community.
- iPod shuffle… Cheap way to carry around the iTunes music. Doesn’t break and still works with Windows and Mac.
- iPod… More music, a little more expensive. Is popular because ‘everybody’s got one’. Once a person gets to this level, they start to realize that Apple has very good end user designs (maybe not those exact thoughts, more like, ‘it works the way I want it to’)
- Mac Mini or iMac… Cheap way to get a Mac… After going into the Apple store for all the iPod stuff, a person gets enough demos to realize that OS X is a LOT nicer than Windows.
- Powerbook… The laptop of choice for Mac users. Part ease of use, part fashion statement, sort of like the iPod of the Apple computer line.
- Powermac… For serious power users… Runs EVERYTHING smoothly, plus allows for easy tinkering. In fact, the design allows for VERY EASY upgrades.
- 30" Cinema display… Finally, the ultimate level of Apple addiction. A user will mortgage his/her soul to get one of these things, and consider that he/she got a better bargin…
I’m about to undertake the 4th Step… Uh-oh…