One thing I’ve noticed a lot on my blog logs is people searching for information about the M-Audio Firewire 1814 and the Windows Vista drivers. I had gotten the original XP drivers to work (sort of) with Vista. Well, one other nice thing that happened this weekend was the release of beta Vista drivers for the entire M-Audio Firewire line.
I’ve dogged M-Audio really hard about being 5 months late with these drivers. But, they are finally out, albeit with the beta moniker. One thing M-Audio really needs to work on is the setup process. Once I got everything figured out, though, the drivers installed, updated the firmware, and have so far preformed flawlessly. (knock on wood!) These new drivers certainly make the M-Audio Project I/O seem FAR more interesting than before.
Now, if M-Audio would just come out with Vista 64-bit drivers, I’d be a VERY happy camper!